When all other marketing attempts fail, why not just give your product away for free? That is the idea at Miller Brewing. What’s the catch? Legal-drinking-age consumers with the first, middle or last name Miller will receive a gift card equivalent to the cost of a case of Miller Lite.
Consumers located in, or willing to travel to, any of nine cities hosting special “It’s Miller Time On Us” events across the country can show their legal state ID with their first, middle or last name of Miller to pick up their $25 It’s Miller Time gift card. “It’s Miller Time On Us” kicks off this week in Philadelphia and then continues in Charlotte, Las Vegas, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Milwaukee and Phoenix throughout June and July. Gift cards are limited to one per person and must be collected within the designated hours for the event.
If you’re really interested in going here are the “It’s Miller Time on Us” events that are scheduled (all times local):
- Las Vegas – June 29, 1-5 p.m., poolside at The Palms
- Charlotte – July 11, 5-8 p.m., EpiCentre
- Milwaukee – July 13, 3-6 p.m., Miller Visitor Center
- Cincinnati – July 17, 5-8 p.m., Holy Grail Tavern & Grille
- Chicago – July 20, 4-7 p.m., location TBD (watch Facebook.com/MillerLite for updates)
- Philadelphia – July 24, 4-7 p.m., XFINITY Live! Philadelphia
- Pittsburgh – July 24, 4-7 p.m., Station Square
- Phoenix – July 27, 3-6 p.m., Coach & Willie’s
- Indianapolis – July 28, 1-4 p.m., Georgia Street (Pennsylvania Street to Capitol Avenue)
I’ll pass, but if you go, take some pictures and share them with us. I’d love to see the marketing behind this event because we all know it’s marketing that sells this beer, not flavor.